This recipe creates a luscious sundae with chocolate, pecans and caramel. Photo courtesy National Honey Board.
Last Updated July 2012
Peach Ice Cream Recipe
Ripe Summer Peaches Make Heavenly Ice Cream
CAPSULE REPORT: This is Page 4 of four pages of recipes. Click on the black links below to see other recipes. Read more about honey in THE NIBBLE’s Honey Section, including informative articles about honey and product reviews. For more information on cooking with pure honey, visit Honey.com. To find a locally produced or special honey variety, visit HoneyLocator.com.
Honey Ice Cream Menu
Peaches And Cream Honey Ice Cream
If you’d rather make the ice cream with sugar, see this peach ice cream recipe.
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup pure honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh, very ripe peaches, sliced
- Whisk together the eggs, honey and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. Bring the half-and-half and sour cream to a full simmer in a medium saucepan.
- Add 1 cup of the simmering cream mixture to the bowl with the egg-honey mixture while whisking (to avoid scrambling the eggs); transfer the contents of the bowl to the saucepan with the remaining cream mixture in it. Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until the custard thickens enough to coat a spoon and the thermometer reads 170°F to 175°F, about 4 minutes (do not boil).
- Strain into a clean bowl and allow the steam to escape, before covering and chilling until cold, at least 3 hours and up to 1 day.
- Process the custard in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. During the last 2 to 5 minutes, add the peaches.
- Transfer to a bowl or tub and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours and up to 3 days.
Go To The Recipe Index Above
© Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.