Red (raspberries), white (ice) and blue (berries) for 4th of July. Photo courtesy Combier.
Recipes: Jubilee Sangrita
Fruity, Summer Fun
This Fourth of July, celebrate our nation’s independence with a summery yet sophisticated twist on classic sangria. Forget the paper flag and metallic tinsel, this patriotic punch is garnished with strawberries and blueberries for a chic red, white and blue effect. For more Fourth of July cocktail fun, try red, white and blue fruit purée cocktails and a red, white and “Sapphire” gin drink. This recipe was created by mixologist Darryl Robinson, of New York City’s Hudson Bar, using Combier triple sec. For more Combier recipes, take a look at our colorful Spring cocktail recipes. They may be pastel-colored, but they’re delicious all year-round!
Ingredients Per Cocktail
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 2 ounces pinot grigio
- Ginger ale
- Orange bitters
- Fresh strawberries and blueberries (or blackberries)
- Fill a wine glass with ice cubes.
- Add equal parts white cranberry and white grape juices.
- Splash with ginger ale.
- Add a dash of orange bitters.
- Drop in strawberries and blueberries (or blackberries) for the red, white and blue effect.