Fresh pears make this tartlette of Rofumo and prosciutto a seasonal delight.
Fall Cheese Recipes
Page 4: Tartlette Of Rofumo, Prosciutto,
Pears & Arugula
This is Page 4 of an eight-page article. Click the links below to navigate among the pages. Learn more about cheese by skimming through our Cheese Glossary.
All-Cheese Dinner Menu
Tartlette Of Rofumo, Prosciutto, Pears & Arugula
This delightful cheese tart (or tartlette) was developed by Chef Jeff Orr of CocoLiquot restaurant in Madison, Wisconsin. It partners fresh, seasonal pears with Rofumo, a Roth Käse original cheese that won a silver award at the 2006 World Cheese Awards. It’s a a semisoft cheesesmoked over hickory wood. If you can’t find Rofumo in your area, ask your cheesemaker for something similar.
Yields 6 servings.
- 1 package frozen puff pastry shells
(six 3-inch shells)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces arugula, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ripe pear, skin on, core removed
- 2 ounces prosciutto, sliced thin and
chopped into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch
- 2 ounces Rofumo, shredded
Roth Käse’s Rofumo is a semisoft flavored cheese smoked over hickory.
- Prepare puff pastry shells according to package directions, but undercook approximately 5 minutes less cooking time than is called for on the package. Do not allow shells to brown. Remove shells from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add arugula and wilt quickly (approximately 30 seconds). Season with salt and pepper.
- Place arugula in the center of the pastry shells; evenly distribute pear and prosciutto, and top with Rofumo.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until all ingredients are softened and cheese is melted.
- Serve tartlettes with a green salad tossed with mustard vinaigrette.
Next Recipe: Pork With Fontina, Prosciutto & Sundried Tomato Sauce
Go To The Recipe Index Above
Recipe © copyright Roth Käse USA. Additional material