Black grapes transform a Margarita into something dark and sophisticated. Photo courtesy California Table Grape Commission.
Last Updated May 2012
Grape Frozen Margarita Recipe
Another “Grape” Idea, With Black Seedless Grapes
This is Page 2 of a 3-page article. Click the black links below to view the other pages.
On The Menu:
Black Grape Margarita
For all the times you may have had pasteurized grape juice in a bottle, can or juice box, you can juice it fresh. The difference is as distinctive as fresh orange juice! Fresh black grapes are very juicy and nicely sweet, with tender skins. With a bit of sour mix added, they form a base for a well-balanced Margarita and beautiful-to-behold frozen Margarita.
Ingredients For 2 Cocktails
- 1 cup black seedless grapes
- 2 shots (3 ounces) Tequila
- 2 shots (3 ounces) sweet & sour mix
- 2 cups ice
- Lime slices for garnish
- Salt for rimming (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a good blender or food processor and purée until blended and slushy, about 2 minutes.
- Run lime juice around the rim of 2 Margarita glasses and dip in salt.
- Serve in Margarita glasses and garnish with a lime slice.
Continue To Page 3: Grilled Whole Fish With Minted Grape Relish
Return To The Article Index Above
Find More Margarita Recipes
Read the history of the Margarita
Recipe © California Table Grape Commission. Photo courtesy of California Table Grape Commission. All rights reserved. Additional material