Grilled Rack Of Asparagus—an elegant yet playful way to serve America’s favorite veggie. Photo courtesy California Asparagus Commission.
Product Reviews / Main Nibbles / Vegetables
Page 11: Grilled Rack Of Asparagus With Herbs & Balsamic Vinaigrette
It’s all in the presentation, and this recipe shows exactly how easy it is to take an everyday vegetable and make it look restaurant-fancy. If it’s not convenient to grill them, you can serve the asparagus steamed. This is Page 11 of a 12-page article. Jump to the recipe below. Click the black links below to view the other pages.
On The Menu
Grilled Rack Of Asparagus
Recipe yields 3 to 5 servings.
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon sweet mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2-teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, your choice, chopped
- 6-inch wooden bamboo skewers, 8-10
- Chopped fresh herbs and lemon zest for garnish
- In a pot of boiling salted water, blanch the asparagus for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- On a cutting board, divide the bunch of asparagus into servings of 6 to 7 spears. Line up the servings in a row. Run one skewer 2 inches from the top and a second skewer 2 inches from the bottom through all the spears to create a horizontal rack.
- For the vinaigrette, put all remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well.
- To grill asparagus, brush racks liberally with vinaigrette to coat well. Grill racks over a medium-high heat barbecue or grill pan for 2-3 minutes on each side until tender. Serve with extra vinaigrette. Top with chopped fresh herbs and lemon zest.
Continue To Page 12: Sweet & Spicy Szechuan Asparagus
Go To The Article Index Above
Recipe courtesy California Asparagus Commission. All other materials