This easy-to-make panini combines tomatoes and mozzarella with pesto sauce to create a delicious vegetarian sandwich.
Panini Pizzazz ~ Vegetarian Panini Sandwiches
Page 5: Mozzarella, Pesto & Fresh Tomato Panini
This is Page 5 of an 8-page article. Click the black links below to visit other pages. See Page 1 for information about a panini pan/panini press.
On The Menu:
Mozzarella, Pesto & Fresh Tomato Panini
Ingredients For 4 Panini
- 8 slices country Italian, sourdough or other firm-textured bread
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup pesto sauce
- 4 slices large tomato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Top each of 4 slices of bread with a slice of cheese. Spread pesto sauce over cheese. Place tomatoes on top, then another slice of cheese.
- Close sandwiches with remaining 4 slices bread. Brush olive oil over both sides of sandwiches.
- Cook sandwiches on grill over medium-low coals or in preheated ridged grill pan 3 minutes per side or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
Continue To Page 6: Panini With Vermont Sharp White Cheddar & Homemade Pickled Vegetables
Go To Article Index Above
Recipe courtesy of Sargento. Other material © Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are copyright of their respective owners.