This finger food won’t likely stick around at a party! Photo courtesy McCormick.
Recipe: Chocolate Tarts
With Peppermint Crème
These bite-sized chocolate tarts, filled with cool mint and silky chocolate, are like tiny presents for the mouth. They're made using mini phyllo shells, available in the frozen section of most supermarkets, which is a great way to portion out holiday desserts. The recipe, courtesy of McCormick, allows you to substitute raspberry or pure orange extract in lieu of peppermint, if desired. Prep time is about 20 minutes.
- 2 packages (15 shells each) frozen mini phyllo shells
- 1/3 cup plus 3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
- 4 oz. bittersweet or semi-sweet baking chocolate, cut into chunks
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract (Optional: substitute raspberry extract or pure orange extract if you want a different-flavored tarts.)
- Prepare phyllo shells as directed on package for crisp, unfilled tarts. Cool completely.
- Microwave 1/3 cup of the cream and chocolate in microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Cool 5 minutes or until chocolate ganache starts to thicken. Spoon a heaping teaspoon ganache into each tart shell. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of the sugar in large bowl until smooth.
- Beat remaining 3/4 cup cream, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and extract in medium bowl with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add 1/2 of the whipped cream to cream cheese mixture; stir until well blended. Gently stir in remaining whipped cream.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon Peppermint Crème into each tart. Garnish with chocolate shavings, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 30 tarts.
Recipe © McCormick. Other material © Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are copyright of their respective owners.