It looks like a gorgeous gift box, but it’s a gorgeous cheesecake—wrapped in white Belgian chocolate and totally edible, with your custom chocolate message, from Elegant Cheesecakes
Gifts For Moms & Other Noteworthy Ladies
Looking for a gift for Mothers Day or a gift for mothers in general? The products that follow are some of our favorites. Gift categories include:
You can click through to the manufacturer’s website to order them directly. They are presented in alphabetical order. Shipping and any applicable taxes are additional.
Please note: Prices and product availability are verified at publication but are subject to change. While we do our best to keep this information updated, if you find updated information before we do, please click here to give us the 411.
CAKES & COOKIES
- Elegant Cheesecake has exquisite cheesecakes with sculpted chocolate exteriors and heavenly interiors: lift the lid of the “Best Mom” chocolate box and find a chocolate truffle heart sitting atop vanilla and milk chocolate caramel toffee swirl cheesecake on a praline crust ($100); “Derby Hat” has a Belgian chocolate covering over a citrus cheesecake on a lemon hazelnut crust ($140); or if mom’s a handbag junkie, this one has triple mocha cheese cake on a shortbread crust (serves 12+, $150, click here to read our review)
Except for the service plates, everything you see here is 100% edible. Mom will never forget the gift of an Elegant Cheesecake.
Give Mom the best:
- Christopher Elbow Artisanal Chocolate (above), a stunning achievement in chocolate art and purity of fondant flavors (21-piece box, $35, click here to read our review)
- Pierre Marcolini bonbons and truffles from Belgium, exquisite quality and flavors (call for prices and to order, 212.755.5150, click here to read our review)
- Knipschildt Chocolatier signature chocolate collection in a beautiful pink handmade paper box (20 pieces $32, 40 pieces $60)
- Recchiuti Confections salt caramels—chewy, smoky caramel covered in dark chocolate with a pinch of Fleur de Sel—a religious experience for lovers of great caramel (16 pieces, 4 ounces, $20)
- Chuao Chocolatier makes three exceptional chocolate bars with maltitol for moms who’ve given up the sugar but still want the excitement: Dark Chocolate infused with Coffee and Anise, Dark Chocolate infused with Chile and Cayenne Pepper, and Milk Chocolate Infused with Earl Grey (set of 3, .75 lbs., $13, click here to read our review)
- Vino de Milo sauces are delicious, even if Mom loves her own recipe; and they’re not just for pasta—the recipe book lets Mom create easy hors d’oeuvres, tagines, and much more ($35-$45, click here to read our review)
- Mas Amiel, a sweet red wine made in southwestern France of 90% Grenache Noir, matches perfectly with chocolate and desserts but is not as heavy or alcoholic as port (2003 vintage $27/bottle at BackRoomWines.com, 1980 vintage $45.99/bottle at FineWine.com, 2003—get both and compare)
FOOD-SCENTED BATH & BODY PRODUCTS
Hella Good Products Bath Scrubbies (right), a truly special item for Moms who like sybaritic, scented baths—after we tried them, we became addicted, especially to pumpkin pie and cocoa (gift pack of 6 scrubbies and one body wash, $69)
- Jelly Bath for moms who can get in and out of a slippery bathtub, this is one of the most amazing bath experiences you can bestow: a back-to-the womb, comforting and relaxing spa experience you don’t have to go to the spa for ($26, click here to read our review)
- Jo Malone cologne, body crème, bath oil, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner, bath soap, candles, potpourri, and room fragrance—elegant food scents from unisex Lime Basil & Mandarin, Nutmeg & Ginger, French Lime Blossom, Wild Fig & Cassis; to feminine Orange Blossom and Grapefruit (colognes $48/30 ml, $100/80 ml, shower gel and soap gift set shown, $100)
© Copyright 2005-2014 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.