Smoked salmon gets a new treatment in this Fresh Asparagus & Smoked Salmon Sandwich. Photo courtesy California Asparagus Commission.
Product Reviews / Main Nibbles / Bread Products
Page 6: Fresh Asparagus & Smoked Salmon Sandwich
Smoked salmon with cream cheese on a bagel, check. Smoked salmon and cream cheese with capers and red onions on pumpernickel, check. And now for something different: smoked salmon and cream cheese with asparagus and red onions on crusty bread. on a This is Page 6 of a 12-page article. Jump to the recipe below. Click the black links below to view the other pages.
On The Menu
Fresh Asparagus & Smoked Salmon Sandwich
Recipe yields 6 servings.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (light or regular), softened
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground coarse black pepper or to taste
- 24 large asparagus spears, trimmed
- 6 crusty Italian rolls or French rolls, lightly toasted
- 12 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- Thoroughly mix cream cheese, lemon zest and black pepper. Reserve.
- Put asparagus into a large skillet of boiling, salted water. Return to a boil; boil until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain well; spread on paper towel to cool.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread 1 generous tablespoon of reserved cream cheese mixture on sliced rolls. Divide salmon in 6 portions. Layer onion rings on bottom of roll, then 1 portion salmon and 4 asparagus spears, interspersing asparagus between slices of salmon. Cover sandwiches with tops; cut in half at a diagonal.
Continue To Page 7: Thai Grilled Lamb & Asparagus Salad
Go To The Article Index Above
Recipe courtesy California Asparagus Commission. All other materials © copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.