Simple apricot cookies are made special with a dark chocolate dip. Photo courtesy Betty Crocker.
Cookie Mix Recipes
Page 5: Dark Chocolate Apricot
This is Page 5 of an 8-page article. Click the black links below to view the other recipes.
Dark Chocolate Apricot
This extremely simple and easy recipe yields lovely, elegant results. For a pretty presentation, garnish a plate of these cookies with orange peel curls.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 package (12 oz) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, orange extract and egg until soft dough forms.
Stir in apricots until blended.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet
to wire rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on high 1 to 2 minutes, stirring
every 30 seconds, until chips are melted.
- Dip each cookie halfway into melted chocolate, letting
excess drip off. Place on waxed paper and let stand until chocolate is set, at least 2 hours. To quickly
set chocolate, refrigerate cookies 15 minutes.
- Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered
container at room temperature.
Continue To The Next Recipe: Raspberry Ribbon Slices
Return To Recipe Index Above
Recipes courtesy Betty Crocker. All other material
Related Food Videos:
For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.
© Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are copyright of their respective owners.