Your friends will never believe these yummy bars were made from a mix! Photo courtesy Betty Crocker.
Cookie Mix Recipes
Page 4: Cranberry-Macadamia Bars
This is Page 4 of an 8-page article. Click the black links below to view the other recipes.
This recipe elevates plain old sugar cookie mix into festive, elegant bar cookies. Your friends will never believe they were made from a mix!
- 1 pouch sugar cookie mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend cookie mix, 1/3 cup (non-melted) butter and egg until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom of greased 9-inch
square pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1/3 cup melted butter, brown sugar and cranberries over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes
to a boil.
- Spoon and spread cranberry mixture evenly over partially baked cookie base. Sprinkle
with nuts. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely.
- In resealable freezer plastic bag, mix baking chips and oil; seal bag. Microwave on high 30 to 45 seconds,
squeezing mixture in bag every 15 seconds until smooth.
- Cut ¼-inch top from corner of bag; drizzle over bars. Store in airtight container.
Continue To The Next Recipe: Dark Chocolate Apricot
Return To Recipe Index Above
Recipes courtesy Betty Crocker. All other material
Related Food Videos:
For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.
© Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are copyright of their respective owners.