Fresh grapes add a sweet touch to this refreshing Asian chicken salad. Photo courtesy California Table Grape Commission.
Last Updated May 2012
Asian Chicken Salad Recipe
What A “Grape” Idea!
Even if you can’t afford a vacation this year, you can travel the world via your table. Fresh California grapes are plentiful in the summertime, and show some of their best qualities in dishes that are inspired by international cuisines. Grapes are a high-antioxidant food, as well (read more about antioxidant foods).
Here, we present three recipes, courtesy of the California Table Grape Commission. This is Page 1 of a 3-page article. Click the black links below to view the other pages.
On The Menu:
Asian Chicken Salad With Ramen, Almonds & Grapes
Asian chicken salads are an American invention, and this recipe is yet another instance of fusion cuisine. The almond chicken salad with crispy noodles and green grapes are delightful combination that have become a staple for luncheons, picnics, potlucks and patio parties. Yields 4 servings.
- 1 packet (3 ounces) ramen noodles (any flavor)
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 8 ounces cooked, diced chicken meat (about 2 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups green seedless grapes
- 2 each green onions, sliced
- Orange mustard dressing (see below)
Orange Mustard Dressing Ingredients
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Break up the ramen noodles inside the sealed package. Open carefully and discard the seasoning mix.
- Put the noodle pieces and the almonds in a dry skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring and tossing constantly until the noodles and nuts are toasty brown, about 4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, cabbage, chicken, grapes and green onions.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the oil, vinegar, mustard, orange juice concentrate, salt and pepper.
- Combine the salad, toasted noodle mix and the dressing. Toss well and serve.
Continue To Page 2: Black Grape Margarita
Return To The Article Index Above
See More Chicken Recipes
See More Salad Recipes
Recipe © California Table Grape Commission. Photo courtesy California Table Grape Commission. All rights reserved. Additional material