Judy’s Breadsticks Flavors
Lynda Najarian founded Judy’s Breadsticks after discovering a fabulous whole-wheat baguette on a vacation trip to Mendocino, California. She tracked down the baker, Judy Griswold, who was baking the loaves while cooking at The Little River Inn in Mendocino. A partnership was founded and delectable handmade bread products, including Twigs breadsticks, soon could be found throughout the San Francisco Bay area.
While fresh baguettes aren’t the best products to order by mail, the breadsticks (Twigs), which have a four-month shelf life, are excellent ambassadors.
Like your breadsticks savory? Try:
- Ali’s Sesame Twigs, rolled in black and white sesame seeds
- Roasted Garlic Twigs, nicely accented with lovely garlic flavor
- Sunflower Twigs, beautifully studded with sunflower seeds
There are also:
- Somewhat Garlicky Toasted Bites, large croutons that can be snacked on or used as a garnish
Coffee Bean Twigs are a revelation. Serve them as dessert with a ramekin of mascarpone.
Like a little sweetness? Try:
- Coffee Bean Twigs: A unique take, the breadsticks are rolled in roasted coffee beans and sanding sugar
- Sweet Currant Twigs: Ditto with dried currants
We loved all of the breadsticks and the bites. We found the plain Country Crackers to be a bit on the bland side; but with so much else to enjoy, we have no quibble.
Breadsticks substitute for both crackers and bread, but their graceful, long shape gives them much more elegance and versatility. Their extra crunchiness provides the satisfaction of a pretzel or a chip.
- Antipasto: Wrap prosciutto, bacon or other
meat around a breadstick; serve with cheese, olives, roasted red peppers and anything else that appeals to you
- Beer & Wine: Serve with breadsticks, plain or with dip
- Bread: Serve instead of bread or crackers or along with them in the bread basket (when serving breadsticks only, serve in a tall glass)
- Dessert: The Coffee Bean Twigs and Sweet Currant Twigs are delicious with mascarpone; crumble Coffee Bean Twigs and scatter atop plain cheesecake
- Dips: Serve with bean dip, hummos, guacamole and other dips
- Fruit & Cheese: Enjoy as a snack with a piece fruit or cheese, or with the cheese course
Sunflower Twigs make a handsome accompaniment to antipasto plates, salad and soup.
- Pasta: Serve along with, or instead of, garlic bread
- Soup & Salad: Serve alongside soup or salad, or break into croutons (Judy’s also makes crouton-size Bites)
However you serve them, you’ll enjoy their flavor. And 2.5 breadsticks equal one ounce or 28g of whole grain: a good step toward helping to meet your total of 48g of whole grains/day. It’s easy to eat four of these slender breadsticks (plus an extra bite) to meet your entire quota.
Twigs In Coffee, Currant, Roasted Garlic, Sesame & Sunflower
- 6-Ounce Bag
Five-piece minimum (easy to eat!)
plus $2.50 handling fee
Purchase online* at Lovesticks.com
*Prices and product availability are verified at publication but are subject to change. Shipping is additional. These items are offered by a third party and THE NIBBLE has no relationship with them.
Go To The Article Index Above
||Serve a beautiful assortment of twigs.
|Do you have friends who would enjoy THE NIBBLE?
Click here to send them an invitation to sign up for their own copy
© Copyright 2004-2013 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights
reserved. All information contained herein is subject to change at any time
without notice. All details must be directly confirmed with manufacturers, service
establishments and other third parties. The material in this e-zine may not
be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached, or otherwise used, except with
the prior written permission of Lifestyle Direct, Inc.