How To Use Tony Boffa’s Pasta Sauces
Pair Tony Boffa’s sauces with quality pasta and you’ll have as special an experience as at your favorite Italian restaurant.
But you can “think outside the jar” and use these fine pasta sauces to make other delicious dishes. Here are more than 30 different ideas.
The Marinara and Tomato Sauces work with most foods. Don’t overdo it by using Meat Sauce on meat dishes (or fish or seafood!). Vodka sauce, which is very rich and creamy, is best used on special dishes that are in need of a gourmet touch.
- Eggs: Top with any sauce; poached eggs fare best with Vodka Sauce
- Beef Or Pork Hero: Slice leftover meats, warm in sauce and serve on a hero roll with melted mozzarella cheese
- Grilled Cheese: Make grilled cheese or panini with mozzarella and/or Taleggio and your favorite sauce
- Italian Burger: Top a beef, turkey or veggie burger with shredded mozzarella and sauce
- Meatball Hero
- Pizza: Add your favorite spices (oregano, fennel, red pepper flakes) and fresh basil
- Polenta: Broil or pan-fry slices; top with sauce and shredded mozzarella or grated cheese; broil until cheese melts
- Dip: Serve warm with bread sticks, toasted bread fingers, garlic bread strips, chicken wings, fried zucchini, mozzarella sticks
- Baked Baby Brie Or Camembert: Top with pasta sauce and optional seasoned breadcrumbs; bake at 400°F for 15 minutes; sprinkle with fresh oregano
Dinner Mains: Meat & Poultry
- Baked Pasta: Lasagne, Manicotti, Ziti, etc.
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Eggplant Parmigiana
- Grilled Vegetables Parmigiana
- Ground Beef Casserole
- Chicken Parmigiana
- Leftover Meats: Simmer leftover beef, pork or poultry in sauce and serve over pappardelle or egg noodles, rice or mashed potatoes
- Meat Loaf: Top with sauce
- Steak Parmigiana
- Veal Parmigiana
- Sausage & Peppers
- Stuffed Peppers
- Zucchini Parmigiana
Dinner Mains: Fish & Seafood
- Fish: Top with Marinara, Tomato or Vodka Sauce
- Mussels Marinara
- Seafood: Top cooked shrimp, scallops, fried clams and other hearty seafood
- Tuna Marinara: Simmer drained Italian tuna in marinara sauce with Italian olives and capers olives; serve on pasta
A pork hero sandwich with marinara sauce. Photo courtesy National Pork Board.
- Soup: Cream Of Tomato Vodka Soup (dilute with chicken broth, garnish with fresh basil)
- Pizza Potato: Bake, stuff with sauce and shredded mozzarella, optional pepperoni, return to 400°F oven until cheese melts
- Rice: Top steamed white or brown rice with your favorite sauce and grated cheese.
- Spanish Rice: Cook 1 cup rice according to the package directions, substituting 1 cup pasta sauce for 1 cup of the water; stir in capers, Spanish olives and chopped scallions.
- Roasted Potatoes: Topper
- Vegetable Medley: Top fresh and canned vegetables (like beans and chickpeas) with your favorite sauce
TONY BOFFA’s FAMOUS HOMEMADE SAUCES
Marinara Sauce, Meat Sauce, Tomato Sauce, Vodka Sauce
- 24-Ounce Jar
- 6-Jar Set On Website
Purchase online* at TonyBoffasSpecialtyFoods.com
*Prices and product availability are verified at publication but are subject to change. Shipping is additional. These items are offered by a third party and THE NIBBLE has no relationship with them.
Go To The Article Index Above
Photo by Katharine Pollak | THE NIBBLE.
|Do you have friends who would enjoy THE NIBBLE?
Click here to send them an invitation to sign up for their own copy
© Copyright 2004-2019 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights
reserved. All information contained herein is subject to change at any time
without notice. All details must be directly confirmed with manufacturers, service
establishments and other third parties. The material in this e-zine may not
be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached, or otherwise used, except with
the prior written permission of Lifestyle Direct, Inc.