Great Blue Cheese Recipes
We’ve selected two wonderful recipes, below, from The Blue Course, Point Reyes Farmstead’s charming soft-cover recipe book for Original Blue. There are a few other recipes on the company website (where the book can be purchased). The book has excellent information about blue cheese, plus much more temptation among the 50 recipes in the book, including:
- Focaccia With Caramelized Onions, Pears &
- Original Blue Coleslaw
- Pumpkin Soup with Original Blue Toasts
- Blue and Red Pear Risotto
- Original Blue Beef Wellington
- Fig Walnut Biscotti With Original Blue
- Blue Cheese Ice Cream
Blue lovers will want to make every one of them. To tide you over:
Point Reyes Original Blue Potato Salad
- 5 pounds red new potatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2-1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 pound Original Blue Cheese,
- 5 green onions, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- Salt and freshly ground pepper,
- Place potatoes in large pot. Cover
with cold water. Boil until tender. Drain. Cool slightly.
- Peel potatoes, if desired. Cut into
1-inch pieces. Transfer to large bowl.
- Add wine, season with salt and
pepper and toss to coat. Cool. Add
all remaining ingredients, mix, and
adjust seasoning as needed.
- Let stand 30 minutes at room
temperature before serving. Can be
prepared 1 day ahead: cover and
Point Reyes Original Blue Mashed Potatoes
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 6 ounces Original Blue Cheese,
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Cook potatoes in saucepan of boiling
salted water until tender, about 20
- Drain potatoes and force through ricer
or mash with an electric mixer.
- Melt butter in small saucepan
- Add milk mixture to potatoes and
blend. Fold in green onion and
Original Blue Cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper,
if desired. Serves 5 to 6.
Continue To Page 5: Storing Blue Cheese
Go To The Article Index Above
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, special offers,
contests, opinion surveys, THE NIBBLE
back issues archive, product gift-finder, links to our favorite
food websites, and the ability to nominate YOUR favorite nibbles,
visit the home page of TheNibble.com.
Do you have friends who would enjoy THE NIBBLE?
to send them an invitation to sign up for their own copy.
ABOUT THE NIBBLE. THE NIBBLE™, Great Food Finds™, is an online magazine about specialty foods and the gourmet life. It is the only consumer publication and website that focuses on reviewing the best specialty foods and beverages, in every category. The magazine also covers tabletop items, gourmet housewares, and other areas of interest to people who love fine food.
© Copyright 2004-2018 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights
reserved. All information contained herein is subject to change at any time
without notice. All details must be directly confirmed with manufacturers, service
establishments and other third parties. The material in this newsletter may not
be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached, or otherwise used, except with
the prior written permission of Lifestyle Direct, Inc.