Savory Cream Cheese Spreads
Artichoke Leaf Cheese Dip
Artichoke Leaf Cheese Dip is a bit on the subtle side, a fundamental characteristic of artichoke dips. Yet, they’re extremely popular. KC Classic’s artichoke dip has nice crunchy texture, from chopped artichoke leaves and onions.
Chipotle Cheese Dip
Crunchy onions, smoky chipotle flavor and a moderate amount of heat make this spread addictive on crackers. It’s our idea of what to have with a good beer.
Green Olive & Pimento Cheese Dip
We grew up on Philadelphia Cream Cheese’s olive and pimento bar spread, now discontinued. KC’s Green Olive & Pimento Cheese Dip is a welcome reunion. Bursting with green olive flavor, it is a find for olive-lovers like us. The chunks of pimento-stuffed olives are attractive to look at, and toothsomely crunchy.
With soup or salad, spread toasted baguette thins with cream cheese dip and fresh herbs. Photo courtesy Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.
Pineapple Jalapeño Cheese Dip & Raspberry Jalapeño Cheese Dip
Raspberry Jalapeño Dip is a perfect alternative to pepper jelly atop cream cheese. Here, it’s smoothly blended together with a nice ratio of raspberry sweetness to spicy jalapeño. The color, like strawberry or raspberry ice cream, is pretty on canapés. It’s delicious on its own or with a piece of ham or turkey. Pineapple Jalapeño Dip is less colorful and, more importantly, less flavorful. Go for the raspberry.
- Appetizers: As canapés on breads or crackers (spread cheese and top with smoked salmon, shrimp, a scallop, ham, turkey or beef; garnish with capers, a sprig of dill or a slice of pimento or chile pepper)
- Breads: On a bagel, and sandwich or wrap, or a large soft pretzel; on tea sandwiches and finger sandwiches
- Dip: Heat any of the flavors and use them as a gourmet “queso” dip with pretzels, chips, crudités or shrimp
- Sauce: Heat and drizzle wherever you need a savory sauce
- Sides & Mains: Spread on toasts or large croutons with garnish (herbs, sliced olive) and serve with soup and salad
- Snacks: With gourmet pretzels and breadsticks
That’s the savory side. Continue to the next page for the cream cheese fondues.
Continue To Page 3: Cheesecake Fondue & Spread
Go To The Article Index Above
|Do you have friends who would enjoy THE NIBBLE?
Click here to send them an invitation to sign up for their own copy
© Copyright 2004-2019 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights
reserved. All information contained herein is subject to change at any time
without notice. All details must be directly confirmed with manufacturers, service
establishments and other third parties. The material in this e-zine may not
be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached, or otherwise used, except with
the prior written permission of Lifestyle Direct, Inc.