Spread Flavored Peanut Butter
Two notes to begin: (1) Most of the spreads are very spreadable. They aren’t thick, chewy and emulsified like commercial peanut butters. (2) With the hectic nature of running a restaurant, the e-commerce section of the Spread website isn’t as tight as it could be. The flavor listings are random, and some of the flavors are hidden inside the collections (you’ll have to email to order them individually).
We’ve taken an alphabetical approach here to let you see the current wares:
- Blonde Peanut Butter Cup Peanut
- Butterscotch Peanut Spread
- Butterscotch Toffee Peanut Spread
- Cannabis Kissed Peanut Spread
(chocolate with hemp seeds & raisins)
- Chile Mango Peanut Spread
- Cinnamon Cranberry Peanut Spread
- Cinnamon Peanut Spread
- Cinnamon Cherry Peanut Spread
- Cinnamon, Edible Silver & Goji Berry
- Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Spread
- Cookies and Cream Peanut Spread
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Spread
- Dark Chocolate Basil Peanut Spread
- Dark Chocolate Chile Peanut Spread
- Dark Chocolate Curry Peanut Spread
- Dark Chocolate Espresso Peanut Spread
- Dark Chocolate Lavender Peanut Spread
- Dark Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Spread
- German Chocolate Peanut Spread
- Gold n’ Dark Chocolate Peanut Spread
(23 KT Edible Gold)
- Hot Chile Peanut Spread
Fresh lavender leaps out of Dark Chocolate Lavender.
Dark Chocolate Chile is hot stuff.
- Milk Chocolate Cherry Almond Peanut
- Milk Chocolate Peppermint Peanut
- Ode To Elvis Peanut Spread (banana chips, honey and soy bacon bits)
- Piña Colada Peanut Spread
- Rose Salted Basil Peanut Spread
- Seasonal Cinnamon Peanut Spread (with
white chocolate, spices and pure vanilla)
- Super Honey Crunch Peanut Spread
- Super Smooth Peanut Spread
- Truffle Peanut Spread
- White Chocolate Blueberry Peanut Spread
- White Chocolate With Cherries Peanut
- White Chocolate With Pretzels Peanut
Not dazzled enough? Continue to the list of flavored almond butter on the next page.
We tasted a dozen flavors. These PBs (and ABs) are self-sufficiently delicious: No jelly need apply! In fact, eating the PB straight from the jar is a great pleasure: No bread need apply, either, although if you make sandwiches, thin-sliced white bread is the best bet to let the PB show off.
- Flavors with sweet inclusions (cookies and cream, fruit, peppermint and toffee, for example) are as satisfying as candy, although the sweetness is elegantly restrained.
- Flavors with herbs and spices (basil, chile, curry and lavender, for example) are beautifully infused and very sophisticated.
- Many flavors have a crunchy texture, or at least, a texture—be it bits of espresso beans, pretzels, toffee and so forth. People who stick to their smooth peanut butter guns should limit themselves to the Super Smooth peanut Spread.
- All flavors can be made into dessert sauces and frostings and layer cake fillings.
Butterscotch toffee is one of the flavors that's just as satisfying as eating candy.
We particularly loved Butterscotch Toffee, Dark Chocolate Chile (hot!), Dark Chocolate Espresso (with crunchy espresso beans), Dark Chocolate Lavender (with the wonderful aroma and flavor of fresh lavender) and White Chocolate Pretzel gourmet peanut spreads. We also enjoyed Cannabis Kissed Chocolate, filled with healthy-tasting hemp seeds. Other flavors we tried include:
- Cookies & Cream, a fun fusion food.
- Truffle, so thick with chocolate and crunchy cacao nibs that you can hardly taste the peanut butter.
- Rose Salted Basil, the most out-of-the-box flavor. It’s very appealing to the palate that seeks something different (or that simply loves basil). You can spread it on a piece of party pumpernickel and serve it as an hors d’oeuvre with a piece of turkey, beef or sliced egg on top of it; or turn it into a sophisticated pasta sauce for a small, but high-impact first course (think sesame noodles, but with basil and rose instead of chile and sesame).
Cinnamon was tasty but not celestial; Ode to Elvis, with banana chips and soy bacon bits, is clever but doesn’t have enough banana flavor for us. The predominant note is the smoky bacon bits—which will appeal to many; it’s one of the most popular flavors.
Continue To Page 3: Flavors Of Spread Gourmet Almond Butter
Go To The Article Index Above
|Do you have friends who would enjoy THE NIBBLE?
Click here to send them an invitation to sign up for their own copy
© Copyright 2004-2019 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights
reserved. All information contained herein is subject to change at any time
without notice. All details must be directly confirmed with manufacturers, service
establishments and other third parties. The material in this e-zine may not
be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached, or otherwise used, except with
the prior written permission of Lifestyle Direct, Inc.