There’s no need to go out to the cinema. You can plan a whole year of film festivals and enjoy dinner and a movie at home!
Updated July 2009
Film Festival Contest
Design A “Dinner & A Movie” Mini-Festival
EDITOR’S NOTE: This contest is over, but if you’d like to send us your entry, we may publish it in our blog or use your ideas to update this article, with credit to you.
Dinner and a movie...brunch and a movie, or an entire year of weekends of food and films. We’d like to hear your ideas for food and film pairings.
Here Are The Rules
1. Visit our Food Film Festivals section and peruse the lists of films. Come up with ideas for film and food pairings. For example:
- Attack of the Killer Tomatoes and Return of the Killer Tomatoes with an all-tomato dinner menu. Aperitif: Bloody Marys, sun-dried tomato and goat cheese crostini. First course, herbed tomato soup. Fish course, tuna poached in tomato broth. Second course, tomato linguini with puttanesca sauce. Third course: roast leg of lamb with tomato-rosemary sauce, potatoes mashed with tomato purée and ratatouille. For dessert, tomato sorbet.
- Champagne Charlie with a Champagne tasting.
- Chinese Weekend Film Festival: Eat A Bowl of Tea, Eat Drink Man Woman, Ermo, Meals On Wheels, Spicy Love Soup, The Chinese Feast, The God Of Cookery, The Story of Qiu Ju, The Wedding Banquet, with an ongoing Chinese banquet.
- Chocolat and Charlie And The Chocolate Factory with a chocolate tasting.
- Green Papaya with Vietnamese food.
- Like Water For Chocolate and Tortilla Soup with Mexican food.
- Tampopo with ramen noodles.
- Sideways with Pinot Noir (but NO MERLOT!).
2. You can add films that are not in our lists. In fact, you get extra points for finding new food films.
3. Disclosure. Please note that by submitting your pairings, you agree that all ideas submitted become property of the publisher. You recognize and acknowledge that ideas you submit may have been previously generated or submitted by others, and make no claims upon use of any ideas that you believe originated with you. You hold THE NIBBLE, its parent company, employees, and affiliates harmless for any actions that result from the publication of your submission on TheNibble.com. Submissions may be edited to fit space or style.
Related Food Videos:
For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.
© Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.