Rosemary roasted red peppers add both great color and flavor to this panini.
Page 7: Provolone Panini With Prosciutto & Rosemary Roasted Peppers
This is Page 7 of an 8-page article. Click the black links below to visit other pages. See Page 1 for information about a panini pan/panini press.
On The Menu:
Provolone Panini With Prosciutto & Rosemary Roasted Peppers
Ingredients For 4 Panini
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips or squares
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ciabatta rolls or substitute 8 large slices rustic Italian bread
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 8 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- Toss red peppers with rosemary and oil; season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Transfer mixture to a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 15 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Preheat panini grill or heat gas grill to medium-low.
- Slice off the domed tops of the ciabatta rolls. Split the rolls horizontally. Turn bottom halves up and top with 4 slices cheese, the prosciutto, the peppers and remaining 8 slices cheese. Close sandwiches with top halves of ciabatta rolls. Brush lightly with additional olive oil, if desired.
- Cook sandwiches in preheated panini maker (in batches if necessary) or on gas grill for 4-5 minutes, turning once, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
Continue to Page 8: Smoked Turkey, Pine Nut Pesto & Sharp Provolone Panini
Go To Article Index Above
Recipe courtesy of Sargento. Other material © Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are copyright of their respective owners.