Reinvent the tuna melt as an exciting Italian Tuna Panino.
Page 4: Italian Tuna Panino
This is Page 4 of an 8-page article. Click the black links below to visit other pages. See Page 1 for information about a panini pan/panini press.
On The Menu:
Italian Tuna Panino
As noted on Page 1, panino is the Italian word for one sandwich; panini is the plural form. Americans have adopted the word panini to mean one or more sandwiches. If you see pannini, that is simply an error in spelling.
Ingredients For 1 Panino
- 1 can (3 ounces) white tuna in water, drained
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 teaspoon capers (optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 slices country-style bread
- 2 slices medium Cheddar or provolone cheese
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise, artichoke hearts and capers.
- Place one slice cheese on bread; top with tuna mixture, another slice of cheese and bread. Brush olive oil over both sides of sandwich.
- Place sandwich on preheated panini maker. Cook until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
Continue To Page 5: Mozzarella, Pesto & Fresh Tomato Panini
Go To Article Index Above
Recipe courtesy of Sargento. Other material
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are copyright of their respective owners.