This dish, with complex flavors, is also very appealing to the eye. Photo courtesy
TexaSweet Citrus Marketing.
Page 4: Herbed Steamed Shrimp With Spicy Texas Rio Star Grapefruit
This is Page 4 of a nine-page article. Click on the black links below to view the other pages.
On The Menu:
Herbed Steamed Shrimp With Spicy Texas Rio Star Grapefruit
Steamed shrimp makes this delicious dish a healthy choice. You can also substitute mussels in place of shrimp if you prefer. Recipe yields 4 servings.
- 1 Texas Rio Star grapefruit
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small head fennel, thinly sliced with fronds reserved
- 1 pound medium shrimp with tails, peeled and deveined
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed Texas Rio Star grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped herbs, from a combination of flat leaf parsley, chives and tarragon, plus red pepper flakes, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Peel and section grapefruit. Set aside.
- In a 12- to 14-inch sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat until just smoking. Add the fennel and shrimp and cook until fennel is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add shallot, garlic and capers. Deglaze pan with white wine and grapefruit juice.
- Add grapefruit segments, parsley, chives, tarragon and red pepper flakes. Cook until shrimp is opaque. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fennel fronds.
Continue To Page 5: Texas Rio Star Grapefruit & Black Bean Chiles Rellenos
Go To The Article Index Above
Recipe courtesy TexaSweet Citrus Marketing. All other content