Spicy dressing and sweet grapefruit take this spinach salad to another level. Photo courtesy
TexaSweet Citrus Marketing.
Last Updated August 2015
Page 7: Spicy Grapefruit & Spinach Salad
This is Page 7 of a nine-page article. Click ton he black links below to view the other pages.
On The Menu:
Spicy Grapefruit & Spinach Salad
The spicy dressing of this recipe takes a simple grapefruit and spinach salad to a higher level. For a luncheon salad, you can add grilled shrimp or scallops. Recipe yields 8 servings.
- 3/4 pound fresh spinach, trimmed, washed and torn (approximately 16 cups for a large portion)
- 1/2 medium jicama, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Texas Red grapefruits, sectioned
Spicy Grapefruit Dressing Ingredients
- 2 teaspoons toasted poppy seeds
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- For salad, mix spinach, jicama and onion. With a sharp knife, section grapefruit while working over a small bowl to catch the juice. Reserve juice for dressing. Cut the grapefruit segments and add to salad mixture. Toss and chill.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients, except poppy seeds, in a blender and blend until creamy. Season with salt and coarse-ground black pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over salad mixture and toss. Arrange on salad plates and garnish with toasted poppy seeds.
Continue To Page 8: Rio Star Mini Cheesecakes
Go To The Article Index Above
Recipe courtesy TexaSweet Citrus Marketing. All other materials