For a pretty vegetarian version of a sushi roll, replace the pink salmon with pink grapefruit. Photo courtesy
TexaSweet Citrus Marketing.
Page 2: Rio Star Grapefruit & Apple Mint Sushi Roll With Honey Chili Dipping Sauce
This is Page 2 of a nine-page article. Click the black links below to view the other pages.
On The Menu
Rio Star Grapefruit & Apple Mint Sushi Roll With Honey Chili Dipping Sauce
The grapefruit in these sushi rolls replaces the traditional raw fish, and is paired with an Asian-inspired honey chili dipping sauce for a lovely fusion flavor with the nori (seaweed) and vinegared rice. Feel free to try this recipe with other favorite fruits. Recipe yields 4 servings.
- 1 Texas Rio Star Grapefruit, sectioned
- 2 cups prepared sushi rice
- 4 sprigs apple mint or other mint
- 2 sheets nori, halved
- 1 red chili, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons honey
- Spread rice on no more half of the rough side of nori, and add ¼ of the grapefruit sections. Make cone roll. (See a demonstration of hand rolling.)
- Wrap cone in a 4x8 inch rectangle of cellophane to keep fresh.
- Insert a mint sprig in the top.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 3 more rolls.
- For the honey chili sauce, stir together chili and honey in a small bowl. Serve on the side for dipping.
- Serve immediately, so nori does not become soggy.
Continue To Page 3: Citrus Bruschetta
Go To The Article Index Above
Recipe courtesy TexaSweet Citrus Marketing. All other content