Gourmet Chocolate Sauces
It’s obvious that the King has a good time developing chocolate sauce recipes, because he’s got a lot of them. We’d clear other things out of the refrigerator to give most of them shelf space. The chocolate sauces, made of African and South American beans, is blended with undutched cocoa, cream, butter, sugar and Bourbon vanilla into a silky smooth sauce—the type you’d make yourself if you had the time (and the recipes to make some of the flavors work).
At room temperature, the sauces have a thick but stirrable consistency (refrigerated, they turn to fudge). When you heat them (which you can do instantly in the microwave), they turn into a more fluid chocolate heaven.
There are currently eight selections:
A brownie à la mode becomes un grand dessert with some Bittersweet Chocolate or Espresso Chocolate Sauce and a sprinkling of malted milk powder. Photo by Pietro Giordano.
- Dark Chocolate Sauce. You can enjoy your chocolate as pure Bittersweet Chocolate sauce, or in Espresso Chocolate, Mint Chocolate and Raspberry Chocolate. The Bittersweet is a classic; Espresso is a perfect execution. The Mint infusion is on the strong side, the Raspberry is a tad on the tart side.
- Milk Chocolate Sauce. An option for those milk-chocolate-only folks who won’t yield to the magnificent Bittersweet.
- Organic Hot Fudge Sauce. This USDA-certified organic sauce is made from a blend of organic chocolate and cocoa are blended with organic sugar, sweet butter and fresh cream to produce a rich and complex flavor beyond compare!
- Flavored Chocolate Sauce: The Dark Chocolate Sauce in Crème de Menthe, Espresso, Irish Creme, Mint and Raspberry and Three Chilies (wonderfully hot against cold ice cream).
- Sugar-Free Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce. This is a low-carb product, just 4 grams of carbohydrate per tablespoon. Made with maltitol (our favorite sugar substitute), this is such a delicious sauce, no one would notice the difference. We love this sauce, and have reviewed it separately.
Continue To Page 3: Gourmet Caramel Sauce
Go To Article Index Above
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, special offers,
contests, opinion surveys, THE NIBBLE
back issues archive, product gift-finder, links to our favorite
food websites, and the ability to nominate YOUR favorite nibbles,
visit the home page of TheNibble.com.
|Do you have friends who would enjoy THE NIBBLE?
Click here to send them an invitation to sign up for their own copy.
ABOUT THE NIBBLE. THE NIBBLE™, Great Food Finds™, is an online magazine about specialty foods and the gourmet life. It is the only consumer publication and website that focuses on reviewing the best specialty foods and beverages, in every category. The magazine also covers tabletop items, gourmet housewares, and other areas of interest to people who love fine food. This e-mail from the editors features the top food pick of the week. You can read the complete magazine and past issues at TheNibble.com.
© Copyright 2004-2014 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights
reserved. All information contained herein is subject to change at any time
without notice. All details must be directly confirmed with manufacturers, service
establishments and other third parties. The material in this newsletter may not
be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached, or otherwise used, except with
the prior written permission of Lifestyle Direct, Inc.