Enjoy one of America’s favorite breakfast foods with phytonutrient-rich raspberries. Photo by Simone van den Berg | IST.
STEPHANIE ZONIS focuses on good foods and the people who produce them.
Best Macaroni And Cheese
Page 5: Boxed Cheddar Mac And Cheese Reviews
This is Page 5 of a 5-page article (plus ?? pages of boxed macaroni and cheese reviews). Click the black links below to view other pages.
Boxed Macaroni And Cheese Product Reviews
A total of 54 boxed macaroni and cheese mixes were tasted from nine companies. With (mostly) mild cheese flavors, almost all of these mac and cheeses were edible, if not stellar; and a few were quite good. Favorites are highlighted in red below.
Some additional findings:
- Many of the “deluxe” varieties tended to have sauces with a somewhat metallic aftertaste. This wasn’t too surprising, as the pre-made sauce was stored in a foil-like metal pouch.
- A number of the batches had sauces that seemed too thin to me, even after a standing period.
- While it was clear that the various mac and cheeses contained sodium, I would not have been able to tell you that they had as much sodium as they did.
- Many of these products seemed to focus on a low fat content, but macaroni and cheese is not intrinsically a low-calorie food, and calories count, too.
And now on to the individual boxed mac and cheese, and my thoughts. They are listed in alphabetical order; click on the links to read the reviews. If you start in alphabetical order, you’ll be able to click through to each successive page of reviews.
- Annie’s Homegrown, Part I
- Annie’s Homegrown, Part II—Organic Macaroni
- Back To Nature
- Fiber Gourmet
- Kraft Foods, Part I—Microwavable Varieties
- Kraft Foods, Part II—Deluxe & Homestyle Deluxe Varieties (Favorites: Homestyle Deluxe, both the Classic Cheddar Cheese Sauce and the Hearty Four Cheese Sauce)
- Kraft Foods, Part III—Cheddar Explosion, 50% Whole Grain & Original Varieties
- Kraft Foods, Part IV—Premium, Spirals & Stovetop Cartoon Varieties (Favorite: Premium White Cheddar)
- Kraft Foods, Part V—Organic & Velveeta Cheese Varieties
- Hodgson Mill (Favorite: Whole Wheat Macaroni & Cheese Dinner)
- Pasta Roni
- Wacky Mac
Click On The Links Above To Read The Reviews
Go To Page 1: Article Overview
Go To The Article Index Above
© Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.