TIP: When making a crab cake recipe that includes breadcrumbs and other ingredients, you can save on jumbo lump crab meat and choose Backfin or even Select White. Photo courtesy Miller’s Select Crabmeat.
Updated June 2010
Best Crab Cakes
Plus 9 Other Crab Recipes
Enjoy these crab recipes courtesy of Miller’s Select Premium Crab. Read our review of Miller’s Select. This is Page 1 of a 10-page article. Click on the black links below to visit other recipes.
Chef Levi’s Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes Recipe
There are countless recipes for crab cakes. This is a departure from the Tavern On The Green recipe featured in our review of Miller’s Select crab meat, which used only mayonnaise as a binder plus scallions and Old Bay seasoning, coating the crab cake in breadcrumbs before frying. Here, the seasonings are spicier, include Worcestershire sauce, cayenne and mustard, plus parsley and red pepper. The breadcrumbs are mixed in instead of used as a coating. See which you prefer.
- 2 cans Miller’s Select Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid egg substitute
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons parsley, minced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced small
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- Clarified butter and lemon juice (as
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, egg, cayenne, parsley and red pepper thoroughly.
- Gently fold in crabmeat and breadcrumbs to keep crab as large as possible. Form into 4-inch-thick patties.
- Add clarified butter to heated sauté pan to cover ¼-inch thick.
- Cook crab cakes, turning only once when first side is nicely browned.
- Remove from pan and squeeze desired amount of lemon juice onto each crab cake.
Continue To Page 2: Crab & Fruit Salad
Return To The Recipe Index Above
Recipes courtesy Miller’s Select Crabmeat. All other material © Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are copyright of their respective owners.